you interested in joining the tax department of an established CPA firm that is
experiencing tremendous growth, values your contribution, invests in your
training, and provides you with a career that you can enjoy? We have a unique
growth opportunity available for an experienced tax staff in our Clayton or St.
Charles, Missouri offices.
a Tax Staff II Accountant, you will be responsible for the following:
in tax compliance, planning and projections, responding to IRS and state notices
and examinations, and performing federal and state research on a variety of
clients and across multiple tax engagements
a key part in meeting filing due dates and other deadlines by preparing
corporate and personal income tax returns
mentor, train, guide, and instruct lower level staff/interns
are looking for a dedicated team player with a heart for client service. The
right candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:·
- Minimum of 18 months recent public accounting
experience in Tax·
- Preferably has CPA credential or is currently
in the process of obtaining·
- Basic knowledge of tax law and accounting
- Proficiency, or the ability to quickly become proficient, in the technology software packages and tools used by our firm such as CCH's ProSystem fX, Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, and PPC research services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills preferred
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to actively maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
- Ability to work overtime as required throughout the year.
- Ability to occasionally travel for training or
client engagement (less than 10%)
What We Offer
We encourage team members to develop their
distinctive talents and strengths, while embracing our firm’s entrepreneurial
spirit and commitment to Advising with Vision®. This position offers the following:
- Fun and flexible work environment with a clear path for professional growth
- Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with match
- Attractive annual hour requirements with flexible scheduling
- Paid vacation and personal time off program
- Friday's off program
- Two days a year of paid time off for volunteering at a charity of your choice
- Firm-sponsored employee events
- Tuition reimbursement of approved courses
- Paid continuing education courses (CPE)
About Mueller Prost:
Mueller Prost has grown to
become a leading CPA and business advisory firm with over 30 years of dedicated
service to our clients. We have over 150+
dedicated employees spread across our four-office firm.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or CLICK HERE to watch our "Why Work at Mueller Prost" video.
- Inc 5000, 2017Inc. Magazine
- Best Places to Work 2015, 2016, and 2017 Winner, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Who’s Who in Law and Accounting 2015, St. Louis
- The 2015 and 2016 Regional Leaders – Top 100 Firms:
Midwest, Accounting Today
To apply, submit your resume to Mueller Prost Human Resources. We will only respond to those candidates in whom we have an interest.
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
email@example.com (Please send a Microsoft Word .doc or .pdf of your resume).
Mueller Prost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.