If you are a CPA with an entrepreneurial spirit, Mueller Prost is a firm like no other! We have a unique growth opportunity available for an experienced Audit Manager who wants to become the champion of our Western Region Healthcare Audit Group based in Orange County, California.
What You'll Do
- Develop industry knowledge and influence client service approach
- Plan, schedule and supervise client audit, review and compilation engagements
- Manage client expectations and relationships
- Coordinate and collaborate with Mueller Prost professionals in other service lines
- Train, coach, and develop a team of auditors specializing in senior living healthcare
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years recent Public Accounting experience in Audit including some supervisory experience
- Must have CPA credential
- Preference given to individuals with experience in healthcare areas of skilled nursing, assisted living, affordable housing, CCRC (Continuing Care Retirement Communities), PACE (Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) or related type of senior living environment
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial matters in audits, reviews, and compilations is expected
- Proficiency, or the ability to quickly become proficient, in the technology software packages and tools used by our firm such as CCH's Engagement, Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, and PPC research services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills preferred
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to actively maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
- Ability to work overtime as required throughout the year
- Ability to travel 40% to 50% of the time during January through mid-March (no weekend travel) and a lot of the travel is throughout the state of California
- Bonus programs for performance, for new clients and expansion of services to existing clients, and for new employee referrals
- Fun and flexible work environment with a clear path for professional growth
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with match
- Attractive annual hour requirements (lower than most firms!)
- Generous paid time off program (increased with time or promotion)
- Two days a year of paid time off for volunteering at a charity of your choice
- Friday's off program
- Firm-sponsored employee events
- Tuition reimbursement of approved courses
- Paid continuing education courses (CPE)
About Mueller Prost
Mueller Prost has grown to become a leading CPA and business advisory firm. Our four-office, 160+ person firm has been providing dedicated service to our clients for over 30 years.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or CLICK HERE to watch our "Why Work at Mueller Prost" video.
- Inc 5000 - 2017, Inc. Magazine
- Best Places to Work 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St.
Louis Business Journal
- The 2015 and 2016 Regional Leaders – Top 100 Firms:
Midwest, Accounting Today
- Best in Business - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
To apply, submit your resume to Mueller Prost Human Resources. We will only respond to those candidates in whom we have an interest.
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
email@example.com (Please send a Microsoft Word .doc or .pdf of your resume).
Mueller Prost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.