Are you eager to use your experience to make a difference in a company? If so, this position may be for you.
Essential Job Functions
Mueller Prost is seeking to fill a Payroll and Accounting Specialist position. This is an internal position within our outsourced accounting division that will be working with multiple client accounts. As a member of the team, one of your significant accounts will be a client with approximately 15 assisted living communities and related companies. This position is based in St. Louis, Missouri, and the primary responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare payroll and associated functions such as reconciling travel expenses and insurance/benefit plans; updating changes in deductions and withholding; and updating records for new hires and terminations
- Verify approved hours from employee time reports and enter into the payroll system
- Timely distribution of paychecks to multiple locations
- Prepare payroll journal entries for posting
- Coordinate preparation and distribution of W-2s
- Perform general bookkeeping functions such as entering details of transactions in a computerized accounting system, creating journal entries for month-end close, posting cash receipts, and maintaining the fixed asset ledger
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and various account reconciliations
- Preparing appropriate accounting schedules and reports as required
- Assist with month-end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Implementing operational best practices throughout your area of responsibility
What We Seek
We are looking for a team player that combines dedication and passion for accounting with experience. The right candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in preparing and processing multi-state payroll and multi-location accounting transactions
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in a progressively responsible position
- Knowledge of payroll and general accounting principles, practices, regulations and procedures
- Experience with Yardi a plus, but not required
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Must be detail oriented, extremely accurate, and able to proof own work
- Demonstrated proficiency in detailed number-based tasks such as account reconciliations
- Proven high level of integrity and work ethic
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills to interact with employees and outside sources alike
- Professional appearance
- Ability to prioritize work while functioning under strict deadlines
- Contributes to the firm’s objectives by fostering a positive environment with personal cooperation, a good attitude, and a willingness to help others and be a team player
- Ability to work overtime as required throughout the year as workload requires
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance: arrives on time and provides adequate notice of needed absences
- Positive attitude
What We Offer
Your commitment to Mueller Prost is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a
competitive salary plus a benefits package that shows we care about you, your
family, and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
We have a comprehensive
medical, dental, and vision plans with health savings account option and a dependent care savings plan. 401(k) with firm provided match is offered. We also offer business casual dress
code, flexible hours, and parking provided at minimal cost.
We care about our
employees and we care about our neighborhoods. Our firm is very involved in the
community and we actively volunteer for various charity and civic
organizations. We even provide our employees with two days annually to use to
volunteer at the charity of their choice.
About Mueller Prost
Mueller Prost has grown to become a leading CPA and business advisory firm. Our four-office, 160+ person firm has been providing dedicated service to our clients for over 30 years.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or CLICK HERE to watch our "Why Work at Mueller Prost" video.
- Inc 5000 - 2017 and 2018, Inc. Magazine
- Top 200 Firms - 2018, Inside Public Accounting
- Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Regional Leaders – Top 100 Firms:
Midwest - 2015, 2016, Accounting Today
- Best in Business - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
To apply, submit your resume to Mueller Prost Human Resources. We will only respond to those candidates in whom we have an interest.
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please send a Microsoft Word .doc or .pdf of your resume).
Mueller Prost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.