Are you looking to join a stable, family friendly CPA firm
that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution,
invests in your training, and provides you with a career that you can enjoy for
a long time?We’ve got your answer:Mueller Prost.
What You'll Do
As a Staff Accountant in our headquarters in Clayton,
Missouri or our other offices in St. Charles, Missouri, and Irvine, California,
you will be performing diversified accounting functions in the areas of
controllership functions and having direct client contact.You will be:
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Recording daily transactions and performing
month end journal entries
- Assisting clients with journal entries using various
- Preparing and processing payroll and payroll
tax returns; sales and other local tax returns
Setting up property, equipment and fixed assets
and calculating depreciation and amortization using a software program
Preparing basic tax returns with appropriate
guidance and responding to IRS notices
What We Seek
Our clients expect something different from us so we are looking for a dedicated team player that has a heart for service. We seek an outstanding professional that possesses the following qualifications:
- Graduate with an Accounting Associate Degree
- Minimum of two (2) years advanced work
experience in accounting or an accounting related field using a computerized accounting system,
including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
through trial balance
- Experience and proficiency in QuickBooks accounting
software is preferred
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office
package is required. Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll and income taxes
- Ability to quickly become proficient in the
other information technology tools used by our Firm
- Strong ability to plan and organize work to
manage juggling multiple engagements and deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Organized, efficient, proactive, detail
oriented and meticulous in caring about the accuracy of the information
- Must maintain client relationships providing optimum
client service in a timely manner
- Must be cooperative and flexible all the while
having a pleasant attitude
- Ability to work overtime as required throughout
- Some knowledge of the accounting practices in
the healthcare field would be beneficial particularly in senior living and home
- Must have a vehicle for transportation around
town on a regular basis and ability to do some travel out of state and
overnight for out of town engagements on an infrequent basis
What We Offer
Your commitment to Mueller Prost is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a
competitive salary plus a benefits package that shows we care about you, your
family, and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
We have a comprehensive
medical, dental, and vision plans with health savings account option and a dependent care savings plan. 401(k) with firm provided match is offered. We also offer business casual dress
code, flexible hours, and parking provided at minimal cost.
We care about our
employees and we care about our neighborhoods. Our firm is very involved in the
community and we actively volunteer for various charity and civic
organizations. We even provide our employees with two days annually to use to
volunteer at the charity of their choice.
About Mueller Prost
Mueller Prost has grown to become a leading CPA and business advisory firm. Our four-office, 160+ person firm has been providing dedicated service to our clients for over 30 years.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or CLICK HERE to watch our "Why Work at Mueller Prost" video.
- Inc 5000 - 2017 and 2018, Inc. Magazine
- Top 200 Firms - 2018, Inside Public Accounting
- Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Regional Leaders – Top 100 Firms:
Midwest - 2015, 2016, Accounting Today
- Best in Business - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
To apply, submit your resume to Mueller Prost Human Resources. We will only respond to those candidates in whom we have an interest.
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please send a Microsoft Word .doc or .pdf of your resume).
Mueller Prost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.