What You'll Do
Mueller Prost is seeking a Tax Manager for our Clayton or St. Charles, MO office to provide direct oversight of multiple tax engagements. This person will be handling a broad range of clients in various industries including construction, manufacturing and distribution, healthcare, etc. As a Tax Manager, you’ll be:
- Managing tax compliance and planning and projections, responding to notices and examinations, and performing federal and state research on a variety of clients and across multiple tax engagements
- Activtely consulting for clients as needed throughout the year as well as coordinating quarterly estimate calculations.
- Training and developing other members of the tax department
- Client representation with tax authorities
- Minimum 7+ years recent Public Accounting experience in Tax
- Must have CPA
- Strong foundation of tax accounting and tax law is expected
- Experienced tax reviewer of tax forms including 1120, 1120-S, 1065, 1040, 1041, and related schedules and Multi-state filings.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office package is required. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in the other information technology tools used by our Firm such as CCH’s ProSystem fX software (Prior experience with software preferred)
- Strong ability to plan and organize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good client relationship skills as you must maintain the relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
commitment to Mueller Prost is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll
reward you with a competitive salary and bonus eligibility plus a benefits
package that shows we care about you, your family, and your future. We
encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths – and
embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
care about our employees and we care about our neighborhoods. Our firm is
very involved in the community and we actively volunteer for various charity
and civic organizations. We even provide our employees with two days to
use to volunteer at the charity of their choice.
of our benefits include:
- Bonus programs for performance, for new clients and
expansion of services to existing clients, and for new employee referrals
- Fun and flexible work environment with a clear path for
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life, and disability
- 401(k) plan with match
- Attractive annual hour requirements (lower than most
- Generous paid time off program (increased with time or
- Two days a year of paid time off for volunteering at a
charity of your choice
- Programs developed to provide a better work-life balance
- Firm-sponsored employee events
- Tuition reimbursement of approved courses
- Paid continuing education courses (CPE)
About Mueller Prost
Mueller Prost has grown to become a leading CPA and business advisory firm. Our four-office, 160+ person firm has been providing dedicated service to our clients for over 30 years.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or CLICK HERE to watch our "Why Work at Mueller Prost" video.
- Inc 5000 - 2017 and 2018, Inc. Magazine
- Top 200 Firms - 2018, Inside Public Accounting
- Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Regional Leaders – Top 100 Firms:
Midwest - 2015, 2016, Accounting Today
- Best in Business - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
To apply, submit your resume to Mueller Prost Human Resources. We will only respond to those candidates in whom we have an interest.
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
email@example.com (Please send a Microsoft Word .doc or .pdf of your resume).
Mueller Prost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.