Are you eager to use your experience to make a difference in a company? If so, this position may be for you.
Mueller Prost is seeking to fill an Accounts Specialist position. This is an internal position within our outsourced accounting division that will be working exclusively on one of our client accounts. As a member of the team, you will report to a Controller and be responsible for the billing and accounts receivable for approximately 13 assisted living communities and related companies.
What You’ll Do
This position is based in St. Louis, Missouri, and the primary responsibilities include the following:
- Review resident rent schedules and compare these to invoices prepared by multiple location
- Review other resident charge schedules and compare these to invoices prepared by multiple locations
- Confirm journal entries to record monthly revenue by location
- Confirm community processing of resident payments received
- Prepare and distribute schedules for resident payments received
- Review community posting of resident payments
- Prepare cash receipt reports and journal entries
- Reconcile cash receipts to bank account deposits
- Close and reconcile the sub-ledger to the general ledger monthly
- Prepare month-end accruals
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with location representatives and respond to inquiries
- Review the setup of new residents
- Preparing appropriate accounting schedules and reports as required
- Assist with month-end closing
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Implementing operational best practices throughout your area of responsibility
We are looking for a team player that combines dedication and passion for accounting with experience. The right candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in preparing and processing multi-location billing and accounts receivable
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in a progressively responsible position
- Knowledge of billing and accounts receivable principles, practices, regulations and procedures
- Experience with Yardi a plus, but not required
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Must be detail oriented, extremely accurate, and able to proof own work
- Demonstrated proficiency in detailed number-based tasks such as account reconciliations
- Proven high level of integrity and work ethic
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills to interact with employees and outside sources alike
- Professional appearance
- Ability to prioritize work while functioning under strict deadlines
- Contributes to the firm’s objectives by fostering a positive environment with personal cooperation, a good attitude, and a willingness to help others and be a team player
- Ability to work overtime as required throughout the year as workload requires
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance: arrives on time and provides adequate notice of needed absences
- Positive attitude
Your commitment to Mueller Prost is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a competitive salary and bonus eligibility plus a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family, and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths – and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement. We care about our employees and we care about our neighborhoods. Our firm is very involved in the community and we actively volunteer for various charity and civic organizations. We even provide our employees with two days to use to volunteer at the charity of their choice. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus programs for performance, for new clients and expansion of services to existing clients, and for new employee referrals
- Fun and flexible work environment with a clear path for professional growth
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with match
- Attractive annual hour requirements (lower than most firms!)
- Generous paid time off program (increased with time or promotion)
- Two days a year of paid time off for volunteering at a charity of your choice
- Friday's off program
- Firm-sponsored employee events
- Tuition reimbursement of approved courses
- Paid continuing education courses (CPE)
About Mueller Prost
Mueller Prost has grown to become a leading CPA and business advisory firm. Our four-office, 160+ person firm has been providing dedicated service to our clients for over 30 years.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or CLICK HERE to watch our "Why Work at Mueller Prost" video.
- Inc 5000 - 2017 and 2018, Inc. Magazine
- Top 200 Forms - 2018, Inside Public Accounting
- Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Regional Leaders - Top 100 Firms: Midwest - 2015 and 2016, Accounting Today
- Best in Business - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
To apply, submit your resume to Mueller Prost Human Resources. We will only respond to those candidates in whom we have an interest.
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
email@example.com (Please send a Microsoft Word .doc or .pdf of your resume).
Mueller Prost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.