If you are a CPA with an entrepreneurial spirit, Mueller Prost is a firm like no other! We have a unique growth opportunity available for an experienced Tax Professional who wants to be the leader and champion of our rapidly growing Senior Living/Post Acute Healthcare Group based in either St. Louis, Missouri or Irvine, California. For the right individual, success in this role will offer an accelerated path to partnership.
What You'll Do
- Set the direction and truly lead our senior living healthcare industry niche
- Be the face of the firm and main point of contact for clients in this niche
- Continue to develop your industry knowledge and influence client service approach
- Plan, schedule and supervise client tax engagements including assisting in tax compliance and planning and projections, communicating with tax authorities, responding to tax notices and examinations, performing federal and state research, and estimate preparation and review
- Manage client expectations and relationships
- Coordinate and collaborate with Mueller Prost professionals in other service lines
- Train, coach, and develop a team of tax accountants specializing in senior living healthcare
- Marketing tasks such as speaking engagements, attendance at trade shows, writing articles/blogs relevant to the niche, etc.
- 7 to 10 years recent Public Accounting experience in Tax including supervisory experience is ideal
- CPA credential required
- Must have the technical expertise to be considered a specialist in healthcare areas of skilled nursing, assisted living, affordable housing, CCRC (Continuing Care Retirement Communities), PACE (Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) or related type of senior living environment
- Sound knowledge of tax accounting and tax law is expected
- Proficiency, or the ability to quickly become proficient, in the technology software packages and tools used by our firm such as CCH's ProSystem fX software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills preferred
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience developing and managing a team through team building and other leadership concepts
- Ability to actively build and maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner through proactive interaction and management of concerns
- Ability to work overtime as required throughout the year
- Flexibility with occasional overnight travel
Your commitment to Mueller Prost is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a competitive salary and bonus eligibility plus a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family, and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths - and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
We care about our employees and we care about our neighborhoods. Our firm is very involved in the community and we actively volunteer for various charity and civic organizations. We even provide our employees with two days to use to volunteer at the charity of their choice.
Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus programs for performance, for new clients and expansion of services to existing clients, and for new employee referrals
- Fun and flexible work environment with a clear path for professional growth
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with match
- Attractive annual hour requirements (lower than most firms!)
- Generous paid time off program (increased with time or promotion)
- Two days a year of paid time off for volunteering at a charity of your choice
- Programs developed to provide a better work-life balance
- Firm-sponsored employee events
- Tuition reimbursement of approved courses
- Paid continuing education courses (CPE)
About Mueller Prost
Mueller Prost has grown to become a leading CPA and business advisory firm. Our four-office, 160+ person firm has been providing dedicated service to our clients for over 30 years.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or CLICK HERE to watch our "Why Work at Mueller Prost" video.
- Inc 5000 - 2017 and 2018, Inc. Magazine
- Top 200 Forms - 2018, Inside Public Accounting
- Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Regional Leaders - Top 100 Firms: Midwest - 2015 and 2016, Accounting Today
- Best in Business - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
To apply, submit your resume to Mueller Prost Human Resources. We will only respond to those candidates in whom we have an interest.
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please send a Microsoft Word .doc or .pdf of your resume).
Mueller Prost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.