Mueller Prost is seeking a Skilled Nursing Billing Associate for our St. Charles, MO office. For the right candidate, we would also consider a work from home arrangement. As a Billing Associate, your primary responsibility will be working with our skilled nursing facility health care clients on Medicare and Medicaid billing and collections work that has been outsourced to us. You will consult with clients on revenue cycle management, best practices, policy and procedure development, etc.
We are a CPA and Consulting Firm that provides cost reporting, reimbursement consulting and advisory services to long term care facilities, senior housing, home health and hospice. Our three-office, 160+ person firm has been providing over 35 years of dedicated service to our clients.
What You'll Do
- HMO billing as well as billing for all coinsurance
- Posting ancillary’s, cash, refunds, etc.
- Part B therapy billing
- Comfortable navigation of Medicare, Medicaid and all insurance websites
- High success rate in collections for Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, all Managed Care and private pay accounts
- Willingness to learn new skilled nursing billing software
- Reviewing any operations and/or documentation that affect A/R and making appropriate recommendations to improve compliance and/or efficiency
- Training of clients on billing procedures
What we Seek
- Minimum of 18 months experience in Medicare/Medicaid billing and collections in a skilled nursing setting
- Thorough knowledge of California Medi-cal would be a plus
- Understanding of client skilled nursing clinical and billing software programs such as Point Click Care, Matrix, American Health Tech, AOD, Keane, etc.
- Understanding of every payer source including Medicare, Multi-State, Medicaid, HMO/3rd Party and Private Pay
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office package
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate diverse tasks simultaneously within stringent time frames
- Organized, efficient, proactive, detail oriented and meticulous in caring about the accuracy of the information being compiled
- Skill in reviewing, proofing, and verifying data
- Creativity to be able to determine how to ask clients the right questions, gather necessary data, and compile it.
- Project management skills to be able to manage time juggling multiple engagements
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have cooperative, flexible, pleasant attitude and be a team player, but also be a self-starter able to work independently
- Ability to travel within the U.S. for out-of-town engagements (possibility of up to 25% overnight travel)
- Aptitude for other software programs
- Able to market the Firm’s services
About Mueller Prost
Mueller Prost has grown to become a leading CPA and business advisory firm. Our four-office, 160+ person firm has been providing dedicated service to our clients for over 30 years.
Mueller Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by browsing our website or CLICK HERE to watch our "Why Work at Mueller Prost" video.
- Inc 5000 - 2017 and 2018, Inc. Magazine
- Top 200 Forms - 2018, Inside Public Accounting
- Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Regional Leaders - Top 100 Firms: Midwest - 2015 and 2016, Accounting Today
- Best in Business - 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
To apply, submit your resume to Mueller Prost Human Resources. We will only respond to those candidates in whom we have an interest.
7733 Forsyth Blvd., Ste. 1200
St. Louis, MO 63105
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please send a Microsoft Word .doc or .pdf of your resume).
Mueller Prost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.