Training Elite College Students for Careers in Public Accounting
June 25-26, 2019
You’ve accomplished a lot already - graduating from high school, selecting your university, and picking your major. Let us help you decide on your next chapter – your career choice.
Mueller Prost has designed a summer program to help you gain a better understanding of the dynamic, ever-changing public accounting industry and the characteristics you will need to help you succeed in this environment.
In this program, you will:
- Develop networking skills through interaction with Mueller Prost’s staff at all levels and other program participants
- Learn about different specialty areas in public accounting
- Get a chance to meet a few of our clients and hear how we provide high-touch service to them, tour their facilities, and even do a half day volunteering project with us at one of our not-for-profit clients
- Use an assessment tool to discover your strengths
- Hear first hand from our staff what it takes to be successful in public accounting, lessons learned, and tips they wish they had prior to starting their careers
- Experience our culture and learn about career opportunities with Mueller Prost
- Crack the code! Join us for a fun and puzzling afternoon activity
Our measure of success is whether or not we have cleared a path for you.
We look forward to helping you achieve your career goals. You may discover that a career in public accounting is the right choice for you and we are excited to be a part of that. If accounting is not the right path for you, we hope you can take the leadership skills you’ve learned with you in whatever career you choose.
This program is designed for college students that are in their sophomore, junior, or senior year at the start of the 2018-2019 academic year and have declared or are considering declaring accounting as their major. Interested applicants should apply no later than March 8, 2019 by submitting the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An updated resume and cover letter that expresses interest in the program.
- A 500 word essay that addresses one (1) of these topics:
- What do you hope to know, be able to do, or become as a result of your experience in this program?
- Why are you interested in pursuing a career in public accounting and what skills do you have that will serve you and your firm well?
- What does leadership mean to you and what experiences have you had that shape your definition of leadership?
- What is one of the most significant events in your life that has helped shape who you are today?
Applicants will be evaluated based on the quality of their submissions, including information about previous or current leadership activities, academic achievement, and involvement in community or extracurricular activities.
Final participant selections will be notified no later than March 22, 2019. A detailed agenda will be available in late April, 2019.
Download the 2019 Ascent Leadership Program flyer here.
For more information, e-mail Jess McKinnon at email@example.com.
Click here to check out our RECRUITING CALENDAR
<< Back to Careers Overview