Managing a company in the construction arena requires a skilled craftsman to juggle budgets, job cost, billings and time constraints, not to mention the weather. Having such a broad range of duties makes it imperative to utilize a professional service provider that understands the industry.
Mueller Prost provides professional services to a variety of general contractors, subcontractors, specialty contractors and other construction-related companies. We understand that regulations related to the construction industry can be complex, making compliance with these laws an ongoing challenge. Our company has a team of individuals who work almost exclusively with contractors. We believe that specializing in this one specific niche enables our team of construction professionals to provide a higher level of service in this unique and complex industry.
Our partners, managers and staff actively participate in many industry specific organizations to keep apprised of current events, trends, and hot topics that impact the construction industry. We utilize our substantial experience and expertise to work with management and owners to help them achieve success.
At Mueller Prost, we service clients in:
- General Contracting
- Design Build
- Construction Management
- And more!
Our team of professionals understands contract accounting and the elements of a construction project. We provide accounting & auditing services, tax services, consulting services and R&E tax credit services for the construction industry.
Accounting & Auditing Services
- Audits, reviews & compilations of financial statements
- Outsourced accounting and bookkeeping services
- Training on Quickbooks
- Financial forecasts & projections
- Internal audits
- Pension & benefit plan review & audits (ERISA)
- Internal controls review & design
- Due diligence on acquisitions/divestitures
- Custom assurance services
- Tax preparation for owners & businesses
- Tax compliance and planning
- Tax deferral maximization through contract element review
- Minimization of company sales and use tax obligations
- Controlling costs and establishing internal controls
- Alternative minimum tax planning
- Look-back planning & compliance
- Estate & succession planning
- Cost segregation studies
- Multi-state tax consulting and return preparation
- Strategic planning
- Outsourced CFO services
- Valuation services
- Mergers & Acquisition assistance
- Forensic accounting
- Litigation support
Research & Experimentation (R&D) Tax Credit Services
In addition to the above services, the team at Mueller Prost can assist construction companies in claiming the R&D Tax Credit.
Examples of construction activities and innovations that may be eligible for R&D tax incentives include:
- Preparing structure and facility design for constructability
- Designing HVAC systems
- Developing and improving construction equipment development
- Designing LEED/green initiatives
- Designing electrical systems
- Utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM) for sub-system coordination
- Improving mechanical equipment sizing