State & Local Tax
The mission of Mueller Prost PC's State and Local Tax (SALT) team is to assist our clients doing business across state lines. Our SALT team has expertise in all 50 states and continues to keep abreast of multi-state tax laws and regulations in order to reduce such taxes as income/franchise, sales and use, employment taxes, personal and real property taxes, and abandoned and unclaimed property taxes.
Our team is comprised of expert advisors that continually monitor state and local tax changes throughout the country. We are fortunate to have a network that includes many former key state officials who provide a unique insight into state issues.
Some of the services we offer our clients are:
- Tax Return Preparation
- Examination and Appeals Defense
- Compliance Reviews
- Nexus Consulting
- Voluntary Disclosure Planning
- State Tax Minimization
- Apportionment Reviews
- Credit Studies
- Transaction Reviews
- Reverse/Contingency Audits
- Return Preparation
- Compliance Reviews
- Nexus Reviews
- Transaction Planning
- Examination and Appeals
- Defense Voluntary Disclosures
- Site Planning
- Tax Credit Studies and Comparison
- Transferability Analysis
- Preparation of Applications
- Compliance and Special Exemption Reviews
- Property Valuations
- Year-End Inventory Planning
- Property Classification Reviews
- Outsourcing of Return Preparation
- Unemployment Tax Reviews
- Post Merger/Acquisition – Transfer of Experience Rating
- Unclaimed Property Compliance
- Assistance with Qualifications, Registrations and Tax Clearance
By consulting with our SALT team, you may become aware of refund/credit opportunities on such taxes as income/franchise, sales and use, and property taxes. Our SALT team’s success lies in our ability to identify missed refund/credit opportunities allowing our clients to capitalize on reduction of costs.
Let us help you pinpoint these opportunities.
For more details or for a free consultation, please contact Doug Mueller, CPA at 314.862.2070. Or, e-mail email@example.com.